Sausage Egg Puff Recipe
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen breakfast turkey sausage links, thawed
- 1 cup reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1. In a large skillet, crumble sausage and cook until no longer pink; drain. In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, cheese, mustard and Italian seasoning; add sausage.
- 2. In another bowl, whisk the egg substitute, eggs and milk; stir into the sausage mixture. Transfer to a shallow 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 3. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving equals 324 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 134 mg cholesterol, 1,111 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.