Sausage Egg Puff Recipe
Tammy Lamb, Campbellsville, Kentucky stirs up this full-flavored brunch dish at night so it's ready to bake up light and fluffy the next morning. "The recipe came from a beautiful bed-and-breakfast my husband and I stayed at several years ago," she notes.
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen turkey breakfast sausage links, thawed
- 1 cup reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1. Remove sausage from casings; crumble into a large skillet. Cook until no longer pink; drain. In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, cheese, mustard and Italian seasoning; add sausage.
- 2. In another bowl, whisk the egg substitute, eggs and milk; stir into the sausage mixture. Transfer to a shallow 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 3. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 336 calories, 18g fat (6g saturated fat), 123mg cholesterol, 813mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein.
Reviews for Sausage Egg Puff
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC