Sausage Egg Puff
Tammy Lamb, Campbellsville, Kentucky stirs up this full-flavored brunch dish at night so it's ready to bake up light and fluffy the next morning. "The recipe came from a beautiful bed-and-breakfast my husband and I stayed at several years ago," she notes.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 50 min. + standing
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen breakfast turkey sausage links, thawed
- 1 cup reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- In a large skillet, crumble sausage and cook until no longer pink;
- drain. In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, cheese, mustard and
- Italian seasoning; add sausage.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg substitute, eggs and milk; stir into
- the sausage mixture. Transfer to a shallow 2-qt. baking dish coated
- with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a knife inserted
- near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 324 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 134 mg cholesterol, 1,111 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, trace fiber,