Tammy Lamb, Campbellsville, Kentucky stirs up this full-flavored brunch dish at night so it's ready to bake up light and fluffy the next morning. "The recipe came from a beautiful bed-and-breakfast my husband and I stayed at several years ago," she notes.
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen turkey breakfast sausage links, thawed
- 1 cup reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- Remove sausage from casings; crumble into a large skillet. Cook until no longer pink; drain. In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, cheese, mustard and Italian seasoning; add sausage.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg substitute, eggs and milk; stir into the sausage mixture. Transfer to a shallow 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Egg Puff in Quick Cooking July/August 2002, p49
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Sausage Egg Puff
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review