Sausage Egg Casserole Recipe
- 10 eggs
- 2-1/4 cups milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound bulk Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll, cooked and drained
- 2 cups cubed white bread
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, mustard and salt. Stir in the sausage, bread cubes and cheese. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 234 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 212 mg cholesterol, 445 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 13 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.