Sausage Egg Casserole
Subtle bursts of mustard and savory pork sausage are the main attractions. I like to refrigerate this savory mainstay overnight and then pop it in the oven shortly before guests arrive.
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 30 min. + standing
- 10 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2-1/4 cups milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 2 cups cubed white bread
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, mustard and salt. Stir in the
- sausage, bread cubes and cheese. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in.
- baking dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until a knife inserted
- near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before
- serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 234 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 212 mg cholesterol, 445 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 13 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.