- 10 eggs
- 2-1/4 cups milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll, cooked and drained
- 2 cups cubed white bread
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, mustard and salt. Stir in the sausage, bread cubes and cheese. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Sausage Egg Casserole
"Everyone loved this. The only change I made was that I used Stovetop stuffing in place of the white bread. It was delicious! I will definitely make this over and over again."
"Omg! Really good. I added ham, bacon, and lightly browned green peppers, oh! And some frozen cubed potatoes! This was a total hit. I would definitely make it again! I topped it with sour cream and fresh tomatoes! We had fresh fruit and buttered toast . yummy"
"I added a chopped vidalia onion and next time I may add some mild green chilis. I also use challah for my cubed bread. I made it in the morning (not overnight) and it was fine. Just like all egg casseroles, it was even better the next day! This recipe is a keeper!"
"The flavor was a bit overbearing with bread. Although, I froze the remaining portions and when reheated the flavor of the sausage and eggs were more enhanced. Great recipie for on a budged and large group."
"I made this on vacation last week and it was a hit. I added some crumbled bacon and ham as well as the sausage to make a nice meaty dish."
"Really yummy. I served it for Christmas brunch and everybody loved it."
"I think this is a great basic egg bake recipe that I will use over and over - with modifications to suit my family. We never eat white bread, so I substituted seasoned croutons. Also, I added some precooked bacon (the kind that comes in a bag) because I only had 3/4th pound of sausage on hand. I think it worked well. Overall, this was super easy to put together, and I love that you can make it the night before and bake it in the morning. Yum-o!"
"The flavor was pretty good, but the texture was too soft and wet. The knife tested clean, so I'm sure it was cooked enough, so it seems like the recipe calls for too much milk for my taste."
"Make this dish a lot, but make it Gluten Free by using Hash Brown Potatoes instead of the bread. Use the O'Brien style for more taste."
"Good casserole, but I've had more flavorful sausage and egg casseroles."