- 10 eggs
- 2-1/4 cups milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 2 cups cubed white bread
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, mustard and salt. Stir in the sausage, bread cubes and cheese. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Sausage Egg Casserole
"Everyone loved this. The only change I made was that I used Stovetop stuffing in place of the white bread. It was delicious! I will definitely make this over and over again."
"Omg! Really good. I added ham, bacon, and lightly browned green peppers, oh! And some frozen cubed potatoes! This was a total hit. I would definitely make it again! I topped it with sour cream and fresh tomatoes! We had fresh fruit and buttered toast . yummy"
"I added a chopped vidalia onion and next time I may add some mild green chilis. I also use challah for my cubed bread. I made it in the morning (not overnight) and it was fine. Just like all egg casseroles, it was even better the next day! This recipe is a keeper!"
"The flavor was a bit overbearing with bread. Although, I froze the remaining portions and when reheated the flavor of the sausage and eggs were more enhanced. Great recipie for on a budged and large group."
"I made this on vacation last week and it was a hit. I added some crumbled bacon and ham as well as the sausage to make a nice meaty dish."