Sausage Egg Casserole Recipe
- 10 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2-1/4 cups milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 2 cups cubed white bread
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, mustard and salt. Stir in the sausage, bread cubes and cheese. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Sausage Egg Casserole(5)
Sort By :
I added a chopped vidalia onion and next time I may add some mild green chilis. I also use challah for my cubed bread. I made it in the morning (not overnight) and it was fine. Just like all egg casseroles, it was even better the next day! This recipe is a keeper!
The flavor was a bit overbearing with bread. Although, I froze the remaining portions and when reheated the flavor of the sausage and eggs were more enhanced. Great recipie for on a budged and large group.
I made this on vacation last week and it was a hit. I added some crumbled bacon and ham as well as the sausage to make a nice meaty dish.
Really yummy. I served it for Christmas brunch and everybody loved it.
I think this is a great basic egg bake recipe that I will use over and over - with modifications to suit my family. We never eat white bread, so I substituted seasoned croutons. Also, I added some precooked bacon (the kind that comes in a bag) because I only had 3/4th pound of sausage on hand. I think it worked well. Overall, this was super easy to put together, and I love that you can make it the night before and bake it in the morning. Yum-o!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Brunch Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Egg Casserole Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >