Subtle bursts of mustard and savory pork sausage are the main attractions. I like to refrigerate this savory mainstay overnight and then pop it in the oven shortly before guests arrive.
- 10 eggs
- 2-1/4 cups milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 2 cups cubed white bread
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, mustard and salt. Stir in the sausage, bread cubes and cheese. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Egg Casserole in Taste of Home June/July 2006, p16
Reviews for Sausage Egg Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review