Sausage Egg Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- 1/2 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in 2 tablespoons butter, flour, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in hash browns and eggs. Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish.
- 2. Toss cornflakes and remaining butter; sprinkle over sausage mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with onions. Yield: 3 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 534 calories, 36 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 355 mg cholesterol, 870 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.