Sausage Egg Breakfast Casserole Recipe
Here’s a busy-day breakfast dish that’s fast, flavorful and fun-to-make. Added bonus? It uses up more of those hard-cooked eggs you may have left over from the holiday. A favorite of Erika Anderson in Wausau, Wisconsin, she adds: “Breakfast dishes go over well at our house. This one’s so easy and filling, we sometimes have it for dinner, too.“
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in 2 tablespoons butter, flour, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in hash browns and eggs. Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish.
- 2. Toss cornflakes and remaining butter; sprinkle over sausage mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with onions. Yield: 3 servings.
1 cup: 534 calories, 36g fat (16g saturated fat), 355mg cholesterol, 870mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein.
Reviews for Sausage Egg Breakfast Casserole
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC