Sausage Egg Bake Recipe
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 9 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in soup. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and pepper; stir in sausage mixture.
- Transfer to a lightly greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 12 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Sausage Egg Bake
Sort By :
I combined this recipe with another one called Green 'N' Gold Egg Bake and altered it to suit what I had on hand & it was fabulous. I diced up some leftover ham instead of sausage. I used only one can of soup, 7 eggs, zero milk but the same amount of pepper. I also added a pkg of spinach, 2 cups of cottage cheese, 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese, a cup of leftover mashed potatoes, 2 chives, finely chopped, 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar in the mix and an additional cup sprinkled on top before baking. I cooked it @ 375 for hour because my oven always seems to take a little longer than what recipes call for.
LOVE this recipe!! We make it all of the time!
This is an excellent egg bake. I especially like the fact that I can put it together in the morning then bake it instead of the night before. I used Jimmy Dean sage sausage. It was just as good, if not better, reheated. I will definitely be making this again.
I found this recipe online and used it for a Baptism brunch. It tastes incredibly wonderful! It was so easy to mix and prepare. I used a Bob Evans sage sausage. The texture was firm. Many asked for the recipe to take home!