Sausage Egg Bake Recipe
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 9 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in soup. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and pepper; stir in sausage mixture.
- Transfer to a lightly greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 12 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Sausage Egg Bake
Sort By :
"I combined this recipe with another one called Green 'N' Gold Egg Bake and altered it to suit what I had on hand & it was fabulous. I diced up some leftover ham instead of sausage. I used only one can of soup, 7 eggs, zero milk but the same amount of pepper. I also added a pkg of spinach, 2 cups of cottage cheese, 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese, a cup of leftover mashed potatoes, 2 chives, finely chopped, 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar in the mix and an additional cup sprinkled on top before baking. I cooked it @ 375 for hour because my oven always seems to take a little longer than what recipes call for."
"LOVE this recipe!! We make it all of the time!"
"This is an excellent egg bake. I especially like the fact that I can put it together in the morning then bake it instead of the night before. I used Jimmy Dean sage sausage. It was just as good, if not better, reheated. I will definitely be making this again."
"I found this recipe online and used it for a Baptism brunch. It tastes incredibly wonderful! It was so easy to mix and prepare. I used a Bob Evans sage sausage. The texture was firm. Many asked for the recipe to take home!"
"We've made this for Christmas breakfast every year since it was first published in TOH. We absolutely love it and so does our family. It's great served with a coffee cake or other sweet confection."