Sausage Dressing Recipe
Mary Kendall of Appleton, Wisconsin relied on this slow cooker recipe at Thanksgiving when there was no room in her oven to bake stuffing. "The results were fantastic-very moist and flavorful," she relates. "Even family members who don't usually eat stuffing had some. There were no leftovers."
- 1 pound bulk Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 package (14 ounces) seasoned stuffing croutons
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 large tart apple, chopped
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a greased 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 322 calories, 18 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 830 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC