Sausage Dressing Recipe
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 package (14 ounces) seasoned stuffing croutons
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 large tart apple, chopped
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a greased 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Sausage Dressing
Sort By :
"Very good stuffing; would make again. Making in the slow cooker was a definite plus."
"I made this for Thanksgiving yesterday. It smelled so good while it was cooking, but when we went to eat it, it was so nasty that it made me want to vomit."
"Very good. I loved the fact that I could use my slow cooker. I did add Garlic and would add more apples next time.I can't wait to eat the leftovers~"
"I left out the apple, egg and sage and it still tasted good. I also cooked it in the oven. My son-in-law said he could eat the whole dish (but he didn't..lol)"
"I make my own cornbread and when it comes out of the oven and cools, I cut it up in cubes. Then I add the cooked pork sausage, cooked onion, celery, sage, melted butter and chicken broth and gently mix and put in a buttered casserole and bake at 325 degrees for one hour. It's wonderful. I also use sage flavored pork sausage when I can find it."