Mary Kendall of Appleton, Wisconsin relied on this slow cooker recipe at Thanksgiving when there was no room in her oven to bake stuffing. "The results were fantastic-very moist and flavorful," she relates. "Even family members who don't usually eat stuffing had some. There were no leftovers."
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 package (14 ounces) seasoned stuffing croutons
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 large tart apple, chopped
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a greased 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Dressing in Quick Cooking September/October 2003, p42
Reviews for Sausage Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review