This warm sausage dip is a family-favorite snack on cool fall days. The men in your family will especially love this country-style appetizer.
Featured In: 25 Slow Cooker Dip Recipes for Worry-Free Appetizers
- 1-1/2 pounds bulk pork sausage
- 2-1/2 cups chopped fresh mushrooms
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Tortilla chips
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the sausage until no longer pink; drain. Add the next eight ingredients; cook until the vegetables are tender. Reduce heat to low; add cream cheese and sour cream. Cook and stir until cheese is melted and well blended (do not boil). Serve warm with tortilla chips. Yield: 6 cups.
Originally published as Sausage Dip in Country Pork 1996, p8
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Sausage Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review