- 1 pkg Johnsonville® Hot Italian Sausage Links
- 1 refrigerated dough, rolled out thin
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 tsp. dried red pepper flakes
- 5 cloves fresh garlic, peeled and minced
- 3/4 cup onion, chopped
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 long, sweet red pepper, cut into rings
- 1 can (14 oz.) crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups dry white wine
- Sea salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 3 Tbsp. Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 cup Italian blend shredded cheese
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Other fresh herbs such as basil (optional)
- Position oven rack to center and preheat to 450°. Lightly oil a pizza pan and roll out crust, thin.
- In a large skillet, heat oil and sauté sausage and red pepper flakes until browned. Remove from heat, drain fat, cool slightly and chop.
- Add garlic and onion to skillet and cook about five minutes until onion is soft. Add cherry tomatoes, canned tomatoes, wine and oregano. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Let simmer about 20 minutes, stirring when necessary, until cherry tomatoes are soft and sauce thickens. Add parsley and sausage back into skillet. Remove from heat. Top pizza crust with sausage mixture, grated cheeses and red pepper slices. Bake 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven, sprinkle with fresh herbs, cut and enjoy! Yield: Serves 4-6.
Originally published as Sausage Diavolo Pizza in Johnsonville® Sausage
Reviews for Sausage Diavolo Pizza(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review