Sausage Deep Dish Pizza Recipe
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 teaspoons cornmeal
- 1-3/4 cups pizza sauce
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage, cooked and drained
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Green pepper rings
- 1. On a lightly floured surface, roll and stretch dough into a 9-in. circle. Cover with plastic wrap; let rest for 10 minutes. Roll and stretch the dough into a 12-in. circle. Sprinkle cornmeal into a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place dough in pan and press 1 in. up the sides of the pan.
- 2. Spread pizza sauce over crust. Top with sausage, 1 cup of cheese, oregano and green pepper. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 3. Bake at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Remove to a wire rack; let stand for 5 minutes before removing sides of pan. Yield: 6 servings.
1 slice: 393 calories, 16g fat (5g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 1007mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 19g protein .
Reviews for Sausage Deep Dish Pizza
"I've made this pizza many times. The frozen bread dough makes it so easy. You can use whatever toppings you like, tonights will be green pepper, mushroom and onion!"
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.