This hearty pizza pie is sure to become a staple in your house. Frozen bread dough is pressed into a springform pan to make an easy crust, then spread with the sauce and topped with sausage, green pepper and cheese.
Recommended: Our All-Time Best Pizzas
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 teaspoons cornmeal
- 1-3/4 cups pizza sauce
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage, cooked and drained
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Green pepper rings
- On a lightly floured surface, roll and stretch dough into a 9-in. circle. Cover with plastic wrap; let rest for 10 minutes. Roll and stretch the dough into a 12-in. circle. Sprinkle cornmeal into a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place dough in pan and press 1 in. up the sides of the pan.
- Spread pizza sauce over crust. Top with sausage, 1 cup of cheese, oregano and green pepper. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Remove to a wire rack; let stand for 5 minutes before removing sides of pan. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Deep-Dish Sausage Pizza in Quick Cooking September/October 2003, p35
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Sausage Deep Dish Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review