Sausage Corn Chowder Recipe
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 4 cups cubed peeled potatoes (1/2-inch cubes)
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1. In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the potatoes, water, salt, marjoram and pepper.
- 2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes are just tender. Add the corn, cream-style corn and milk; heat through. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Sausage Corn Chowder
"I love to make this, It is quick and easy soup that fills you up and warms you. I serve it with cheddar biscuits!"
"Quick, easy and very tasty. I like my chowder just a little thicker, so next time I'm going to use 2 cans of creamed corn, but this is definately going to be one of my go to recipes."
"This is like the corn chowder I made last night, except the recipe i found in a collection of favorites from TOH was a bit different......it used a pound of smoked sausage, 3 cups of water, and 1 t. of dried basil instead of the marjoram. I don't see the exact recipe I used, but this one is so similar, I'll rate it anyway. It was delicious....loved the smoked sausage in it and the flavor it gave to the chowder."
"I've made this soup many times & it makes a delicious, hearty soup. Using either regular or fat free evaporated milk & you can't taste the difference. I do use the sage flavored sausage & it has an excellent flavor."