Sausage Corn Chowder Recipe
This hearty soup has been a family favorite since I first acquired the recipe from a popular Wisconsin restaurant. Served with crusty French bread and a tossed salad, it is a great Saturday night supper. I've even served it to a group of 50 at a church luncheon. --Sue A. Jurack
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min. YIELD:10 servings
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 4 cups cubed peeled potatoes (1/2-inch cubes)
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1. In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the potatoes, water, salt, marjoram and pepper.
- 2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes are just tender. Add the corn, cream-style corn and milk; heat through. Yield: 10 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC