Sausage Corn Chili
Nicely spiced Italian sausage and crunchy corn distinguish this thick chili from usual offerings. "My daughter won a national contest with this zesty recipe," reports Rhea Lease of Colman, South Dakota.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2/3 cup picante sauce
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- In a large saucepan, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until
- meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until heated through. Yield:
- 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 272 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 1,118 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.