Nicely spiced Italian sausage and crunchy corn distinguish this thick chili from usual offerings. "My daughter won a national contest with this zesty recipe," reports Rhea Lease of Colman, South Dakota.
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2/3 cup picante sauce
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- In a large saucepan, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Corn Chili in Quick Cooking September/October 2000, p19
Reviews for Sausage Corn Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review