- ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour into an 9-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake
- at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the sausage, celery, onion and red
- pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Crumble corn bread over mixture. Add the
- apples, chestnuts, parsley, garlic, thyme and pepper. Stir in broth
- and egg white.
- Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Cover and bake at 325° for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes
- longer or until lightly browned. Yield: 16 servings.
Editor's Note: Dressing can be prepared as directed and used to stuff a 10- to 12-pound turkey.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 157 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 464 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat.