Corn gives this dish a mildly sweet flavor that folks find appealing. When cooking for two, I divide the ingredients into smaller dishes for fast meals in the future.
- 1-1/2 pounds bulk pork sausage
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 3-1/2 cups (10 ounces) egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large skillet, cook the sausage, green pepper and onion over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt 3 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in corn. Add noodles and corn mixture to the sausage mixture. Fold in cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Melt remaining butter; stir in bread crumbs. Sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, 30-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Sausage-Corn Bake in Country Pork 1996, p86
Reviews for Sausage-Corn Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review