Corn gives this dish a mildly sweet flavor that folks find appealing. When cooking for two, I divide the ingredients into smaller dishes for fast meals in the future.
Recommended: 25 Surprising Ways to Use Jiffy Mix
- 1-1/2 pounds Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 3-1/2 cups (10 ounces) egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large skillet, cook the sausage, green pepper and onion over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt 3 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in corn. Add noodles and corn mixture to the sausage mixture. Fold in cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Melt remaining butter; stir in bread crumbs. Sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, 30-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Sausage-Corn Bake in Country Pork 1996, p86
Reviews for Sausage-Corn Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 8, 2011
"With today's economy you can't beat this casserole. My hubby is a very picky eater andhe couldn't stop saying how delicious it was.There are a few steps involved but worth every minute of it."
Reviewed Sep. 14, 2009
"This is a great dish for a potluck especially to feed hungary athletes. It's especially good reheated if your lucky enough to have any leftovers"