Sausage Chowder Recipe
- 1/2 pound bulk sage-flavored sausage or sausage of your choice
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 3 cups water
- 2 medium red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- In a large saucepan, cook the sausage, onion and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the water, potatoes and bouillon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Add corn; simmer 10 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour and pepper until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir into the sausage mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Sausage Chowder(26)
Sort By :
This recipe was super easy to put together. I omitted the corn and added some cheddar cheese and Italian cheese blend, served with a side of cheesy breadsticks, it was a hit with my entire family!
Used mild Italian sausage, added 1/2 tsp. Chipotle pepper and 1/2 cup of Tex-Mex Shredded Cheese at the end. Quite tasty! I will also try this with Smoked Sausage to see how it compares. We had cheese croissants with the chowder and they were a perfect compliment. Thanks for the recipe!
Wonderful, I used sausage we made from a wild bore I shot. This is a keeper. I did add carrots.
This was fantastic, what a great creamy flavor I will definitely make this again!
I thought this recipe was great. I changed some things. I used Idaho potatoes, put some carrots, chopped red pepper, and skim milk. I also but in 1 1/2 cups of shredded colby jack cheese.