Sausage Chicken Jambalaya Recipe
For anyone who enjoys entertaining, this jambalaya is the perfect one-pot meal to feed a crowd. It’s comforting, spicy and easy to make.Betty Benthin, Grass Valley, California
- 6 fully cooked spicy chicken sausage links (3 ounces each), cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 pound chicken tenderloins, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2-3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- In a large saucepan, saute sausage and chicken in oil for 5 minutes. Add celery and onion; saute 6-8 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Stir in the broth, tomatoes, rice, thyme and Cajun seasoning.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender. Let stand for 5 minutes. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Chicken Jambalaya in Country Woman February/March 2012, p44
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Sausage Chicken Jambalaya(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Cajun Dinner Recipes >
- Cajun Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >