- 6 fully cooked spicy chicken sausage links (3 ounces each), cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 pound chicken tenderloins, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2-3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- In a large saucepan, saute sausage and chicken in oil for 5 minutes. Add celery and onion; saute 6-8 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Stir in the broth, tomatoes, rice, thyme and Cajun seasoning.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender. Let stand for 5 minutes. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Chicken Jambalaya in Country Woman February/March 2012, p44
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Sausage Chicken Jambalaya
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 12, 2014
"This is quick, easy and tasty. Added some cayenne pepper, garlic and chopped green pepper (which I needed to use up)."