Sausage Cheesecake Appetizer Recipe
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 jar (7 ounces) oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Italian Links or Ground Sausage
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 8 green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Assorted crackers
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cheese and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. Meanwhile, drain sun-dried tomatoes, reserving 1 tablespoon oil. Chop enough sun-dried tomatoes to measure 1/2 cup and set aside. (Save remaining tomatoes for another use.) In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add garlic, cook 1 minute longer.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, cream and reserved sun-dried tomato oil until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in the mozzarella cheese, onions, basil, sausage mixture and sun-dried tomatoes. Pour over crust. Return to baking sheet. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until center is almost set.
- 4. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Serve at room temperature with crackers. Yield: 24 servings.
1 slice (calculated without crackers) equals 200 calories, 17 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 300 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 8 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.