Sausage Cheese Squares Recipe
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 package (8 ounces) frozen fully cooked breakfast sausage links, thawed and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Unroll dough; place in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Press onto bottom and 1/2 in. up sides to form a crust. Top with sausage and cheese. Beat eggs in a bowl; add remaining ingredients. Carefully pour over cheese.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cut into small squares. Yield: 12-16 servings.
2 each: 190 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 417mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0g fiber), 8g protein .
Reviews for Sausage Cheese Squares
"This was absolutely fantastic and I don't even care for sausage that much!"
"My husband of 52 years thought this was delicious, but next time I will make a few changes. Use only 1 1/2 cup (6 oz.) Monterey Jack cheese, Five (5) eggs, and only 1/2 cup milk. The cheese melted, of course, but made the inside seem like it wasn't done. Kept in oven extra time, but still looked raw inside. Think between too much cheese and too much milk it made it hard to finish cooking."