Sausage Cheese Squares Recipe
"My grandsons tried these savory morsels for the first time as youngsters and loved them," reveals Helen McFadden of Sierra Vista, Arizona. "Though they're all grown up now, the boys still request the squares - and I'm happy to comply!"
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 package (8 ounces) frozen fully cooked breakfast sausage links, thawed and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Unroll dough; place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Press onto bottom and 1/2 in. up sides to form a crust. Top with sausage and cheese. Beat eggs in a bowl; add remaining ingredients. Carefully pour over cheese.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cut into small squares. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (2 each) equals 190 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 417 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC