"My grandsons tried these savory morsels for the first time as youngsters and loved them," reveals Helen McFadden of Sierra Vista, Arizona. "Though they're all grown up now, the boys still request the squares - and I'm happy to comply!"
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 package (8 ounces) frozen fully cooked breakfast sausage links, thawed and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Unroll dough; place in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Press onto bottom and 1/2 in. up sides to form a crust. Top with sausage and cheese. Beat eggs in a bowl; add remaining ingredients. Carefully pour over cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cut into small squares. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Cheese Squares in Country Woman May/June 1999, p40
Reviews for Sausage Cheese Squares
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review