Sausage Cheese Snacks Recipe
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage or pork sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 loaf (16 ounces) French bread, cut into 22 slices
- 1 package (8 ounces) sliced mozzarella cheese, halved
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in pizza sauce and mushrooms.
- Place bread slices on a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; spoon 2 tablespoons of sausage mixture on each. Top each with a half slice of cheese. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 22 slices.
Reviews for Sausage Cheese Snacks(5)
Sort By :
These were good served as an appetizer for a family dinner.
A nice fingerfood, the kids like it too.
These are very good. I doubled the recipe and froze half of the sausage mixture for another time and it turned out fine. I make mine as a french bread pizza rather than a snack and also use chicken sausage to lighten it up a bit.