Sausage Cheese Puffs Recipe
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 3 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup water
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix and cheese; stir in sausage. Add water and toss with a fork until moistened. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Cool on wire racks. Yield: about 4 dozen.
1 each: 159 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 391mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Sausage Cheese Puffs
"Good tailgating food"
"These were so easy to make! The perfect party snack!"
"When cooking the sausage, I put in onion, garlic, red and green peppers...they were a hit and a request to make more! Thanks for sharing!"
"Easy to put together. It worked great to freeze and heat just before my brunch."
"This is the same recipe that I use with a couple of differences. I add about 1/4 or 1/3 cup of hot sauce to the drained sausage and grated sharp cheddar cheese before I add the baking mix. I bake mine at 375 degrees for 25 minutes. They are my oldest son's favorite."
"Very good. Easy to make."
"These are a family favoriate! My husband and I like to have them for a quick breakfast."