Sausage Cheese Puffs Recipe
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 3 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup water
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix and cheese; stir in sausage. Add water and toss with a fork until moistened. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Cool on wire racks. Yield: about 4 dozen.
1 each: 159 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 391mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (trace sugars, trace fiber), 7g protein
Reviews for Sausage Cheese Puffs
"Good tailgating food"
"These were so easy to make! The perfect party snack!"
"When cooking the sausage, I put in onion, garlic, red and green peppers...they were a hit and a request to make more! Thanks for sharing!"
"Easy to put together. It worked great to freeze and heat just before my brunch."
"This is the same recipe that I use with a couple of differences. I add about 1/4 or 1/3 cup of hot sauce to the drained sausage and grated sharp cheddar cheese before I add the baking mix. I bake mine at 375 degrees for 25 minutes. They are my oldest son's favorite."
"Very good. Easy to make."
"These are a family favoriate! My husband and I like to have them for a quick breakfast."