Sausage Cheese Puffs Recipe
People are always surprised when I tell them there are only four ingredients in these tasty bite-size puffs. Cheesy and spicy, the golden morsels are a fun novelty at a breakfast or brunch...and they also make yummy party appetizers. —Della Moore Troy, New York
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 3 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup water
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix and cheese; stir in sausage. Add water and toss with a fork until moistened. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Cool on wire racks. Yield: about 4 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 159 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 391 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC