Sausage Cheese Olive Loaves Recipe
A friend once treated us to one of these attractive rings, and it was so good I asked for the recipe. This hearty bread is perfect for any occasion. -Shana Bailey, Tulia, Texas
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + rising Bake: 25 min. YIELD:30 servings
- 3 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Hot Ground Sausage
- 1 pound bulk mild pork sausage
- 1 pound bulk sage pork sausage
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Sausage or Polish sausage, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 can (6 ounces) ripe olives, drained and sliced
- 1 jar (5-3/4 ounces) pimiento-stuffed olives, drained and sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. Thaw bread dough on a greased baking sheet according to package directions; let rise until nearly doubled.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook pork sausages until no longer pink; drain. Place in a large bowl. Add kielbasa, cheeses and olives; set aside.
- 3. Roll each loaf into a 17-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Spread a third of the sausage mixture on each rectangle to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Pinch seams; place seam side down on greased baking sheets. Form each into a circle; pinch ends together to seal.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with butter while warm. Store in the refrigerator or freezer. Yield: 3 loaves.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 263 calories, 20 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 716 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 11 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC