Sausage Cheese Muffins Recipe
"These small savory muffins are fun to serve as appetizers or at brunch," writes Willa Paget of Nashville, Tennessee. "With just five ingredients, the tasty bites are easy to whip up to take to a party, the office or a sick friend."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min. YIELD:24 servings
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Hot Ground Sausage
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 to 3 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 3 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1. In a skillet over medium heat, cook sausage until no longer pink; drain. In a bowl, combine soup, milk, sage and sausage. Stir in the biscuit mix just until moistened. Fill greased miniature or regular muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until muffins test done. Yield: 4 dozen mini-muffins or 2 dozen regular muffins.
1 serving (2 each) equals 112 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 366 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC