Sausage Cheese Muffins Recipe
- 1 pound bulk spicy pork sausage
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 to 3 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 3 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1. In a skillet over medium heat, cook sausage until no longer pink; drain. In a bowl, combine soup, milk, sage and sausage. Stir in the biscuit mix just until moistened. Fill greased miniature or regular muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until muffins test done. Yield: 4 dozen mini-muffins or 2 dozen regular muffins.
2 each: 112 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 366mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (1g sugars, trace fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Sausage Cheese Muffins
"My family loves this receipe!"
"I make these often, I use 1/2 cup of buttermilk in place of the milk and thin the batter with more regular milk if it seems too dry - folding in the sausage last. I also add about a cup of shredded cheddar cheese. These freeze really well & make an easy breakfast on the go!"
"I've been making this recipe for years. They're easy, moist and very good. They're kind of like a sausage ball with a biscuit/muffin texture. I don't care for muffins but I like these. Also, they freeze and re-heat very well, especially if you pop them back in the oven."