Sausage Cheese Brunch Squares Recipe
Here's a cheesy sausage dish that always gives my breakfast crowd a stick-to-the-ribs jump start on Christmas morning.
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/3 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise, divided
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 egg
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the biscuit mix, milk and 2 tablespoons mayonnaise. Spread into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook the sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Spoon over biscuit mixture. In a large bowl, combine the egg, chilies and remaining mayonnaise; spread over sausage mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 352 calories, 27g fat (12g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 699mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein
Reviews for Sausage Cheese Brunch Squares
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC