Sausage Cheese Brunch Squares Recipe
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/3 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise, divided
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 egg
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the biscuit mix, milk and 2 tablespoons mayonnaise. Spread into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook the sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Spoon over biscuit mixture. In a large bowl, combine the egg, chilies and remaining mayonnaise; spread over sausage mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 352 calories, 27 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 699 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.