- half into a 14-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Cut each one into three
- 14-in. x 4-in. strips. Combine cheese and sausage; spoon 1/2 cup
- down the center of each strip. Bring long edges together over
- filling; pinch to seal.
- Place three strips with seam side down on greased baking sheets.
- Braid strips together; secure ends. Cover and let rise until
- doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Beat remaining egg and brush over loaves. Bake at 400° for 20-25
- minutes or until golden. Immediately remove from baking sheets to
- wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 2 loaves.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 185 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 327 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.