Sausage Cheese Bites Snack Recipe
"These savory little bites are such a tasty snack to serve for a get-together or as an evening surprise for the family," reports Nancy Reichert of Thomasville, Georgia. "They also make a nice breakfast treat with a thermos of hot coffee if you're on your way early in the morning."
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:16 servings
- 1 pound mild Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 4 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup water
- 1. In a skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine baking mix and cheese. Add the sausage and stir until well blended. Stir in water just until mixed. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls.
- 3. Place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 16 servings.
3 pieces equals 230 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 579 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC