Sausage Cheese Bites Snack
"These savory little bites are such a tasty snack to serve for a get-together or as an evening surprise for the family," reports Nancy Reichert of Thomasville, Georgia. "They also make a nice breakfast treat with a thermos of hot coffee if you're on your way early in the morning."
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound mild bulk pork sausage
- 4 cups Bisquick® mix
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup water
- In a skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink;
- In a large bowl, combine baking mix and cheese. Add the sausage and
- stir until well blended. Stir in water just until mixed. Shape into
- 1-1/2-in. balls.
- Place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or
- until golden brown. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3 pieces equals 230 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 579 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.