Sausage Cheese Balls
These bite-size meatballs ae a favorite of Anna Damon from Bozeman, Montana. You can substitute your favorite cheese for the cheddar or serve the appetizers with Dijon mustard or sweet-and-sour sauce instead of barbecue sauce.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons biscuit/baking mix
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped celery
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- Sweet-and-sour and barbecue sauce, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble sausage
- over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- Place in a shallow baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake,
- uncovered, at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Drain on paper towels. Serve with sauces if desired.
- Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 6 sausage balls (prepared with reduced-fat cheese and reduced-fat sausage; calculated without sauces) equals 265 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 685 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 18 g protein.
Wine: Blush Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.