Sausage Cheese Balls Recipe
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons biscuit/baking mix
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped celery
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- Sweet-and-sour and barbecue sauce, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble sausage over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- 2. Place in a shallow baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until no longer pink. Drain on paper towels. Serve with sauces if desired. Yield: 1 dozen.
6 sausage balls (prepared with reduced-fat cheese and reduced-fat sausage; calculated without sauces) equals 265 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 685 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 18 g protein.
Reviews for Sausage Cheese Balls
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.