These bite-size meatballs ae a favorite of Anna Damon from Bozeman, Montana. You can substitute your favorite cheese for the cheddar or serve the appetizers with Dijon mustard or sweet-and-sour sauce instead of barbecue sauce.
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons biscuit/baking mix
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped celery
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- Sweet-and-sour and barbecue sauce, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble sausage over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- Place in a shallow baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until no longer pink. Drain on paper towels. Serve with sauces if desired. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Sausage Cheese Balls in Cooking for 2 Winter 2007, p39
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.
Reviews for Sausage Cheese Balls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review