Sausage Cheese Balls Recipe
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons biscuit/baking mix
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped celery
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- Sweet-and-sour and barbecue sauce, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble sausage over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- Place in a shallow baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until no longer pink. Drain on paper towels. Serve with sauces if desired. Yield: 1 dozen.
This recipe pairs well with a blush wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with M.Chapoutier Côtes du Rhône Belleruche Rosé 2013, light, sweet and pink. A perfect wine for just enjoying on its own or with lighter fare. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Sausage Cheese Balls
Sort By :
Great appetizer and easy to make. These disappeared fast!
This recipe does earn those 5 stars. They are cheesy, moist and delicious. Love the little crunch surprise from the celery.
Mixture is great to work with. Bake time is right on.
Made these for a party at the Moose lodge. They went over great. Made recipe using 2 lbs. of Jimmy Dean sausage. Then made another using 2 lbs. of italian sausage. Every body raved about both.