Sausage Casserole For Two Recipe
- 2 smoked cooked Polish sausages (about 6 ounces)
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 tomato slices
- 1. Cut sausages in half lengthwise; place in a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. In a medium saucepan, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until lightly browned. Stir in cream, mustard and garlic powder; bring to a boil. Cook and stir until slightly thickened. Pour over sausages; top with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Garnish with tomato slices. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 491 calories, 42 g fat (22 g saturated fat), 126 mg cholesterol, 1,054 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer