Sausage Casserole For Two Recipe
MY MOTHER'S FAMILY was of German descent and enjoyed sausages and frankfurters. This recipe was one of their favorites. I don't know if Mother made up this recipe or if it was handed down to her, but it's scrumptious and can be made in portions small enough to satisfy two people. -Kathryn Curtis, Lakeport, California
- 2 smoked cooked Polish sausages (about 6 ounces)
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 tomato slices
- 1. Cut sausages in half lengthwise; place in a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. In a medium saucepan, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until lightly browned. Stir in cream, mustard and garlic powder; bring to a boil. Cook and stir until slightly thickened. Pour over sausages; top with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Garnish with tomato slices. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 491 calories, 42g fat (22g saturated fat), 126mg cholesterol, 1054mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein.
Reviews for Sausage Casserole For Two
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC