- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no
- longer pink; drain. Add the spinach, cheeses, parsley and pepper;
- mix well.
- Punch dough down; divide into six pieces. On a floured surface, roll
- each piece into an 8-in. circle. Top each with 2/3 cup filling. Fold
- dough over filling; pinch to seal.
- Place on greased baking sheets sprinkled with cornmeal. Brush tops
- lightly with remaining oil; sprinkle with garlic salt. Bake at
- 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with pizza
- sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 calzone equals 616 calories, 28 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 1,619 mg sodium, 63 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.