- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced and halved
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups chopped cabbage
- 1/2 pound fully cooked Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Sausage or Polish sausage, halved and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a 3-qt. saucepan, saute onion in oil and butter until tender. Add carrots and celery; saute for 3 minutes. Add caraway; cook and stir 1 minute longer. Stir in the water, cabbage, sausage, tomatoes and brown sugar; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add the beans, vinegar, salt and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Sausage Cabbage Soup
Sort By :
"This is a new family favorite in our home! It was super easy to prepare and the caraway gives it a unique flavor we all enjoy. I used a bulk sausage that I had on hand and used the drippings to saute the onions. I am sure it will taste great as written, too. My husband is still commenting on how good it was an hour later!"
"Very hearty, healthy soup that satisfies. We are dieting and this is a wonderful dinner we all enjoy."
"This soup is so tastey. I used Turkey Kielbasa and omitted the salt and it was very good."
"Yummy! Everybody loved this soup. Also very healthy. I will be making this again...and again...and again."
"I used Smoked Turkey Sausage and it turned out very good."