For one-dish dinner, Yvette Rothrock of Winslow, Indiana simmers together this hearty combination. "Sometimes I use sauerkraut in place of the cabbage," she notes. "When time allows, you can also bake it in the oven rather than cook it on the stovetop."
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small head cabbage, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, brown the sausage; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Cabbage Skillet in Quick Cooking July/August 2003, p59
Reviews for Sausage Cabbage Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review