Sausage Cabbage Bake
This recipe is like stuffed cabbage rolls in casserole form. It always goes over well at potlucks. Stirring before serving nicely blends the light, tasty tomato flavor throughout.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Hot Italian Sausage Links
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups cooked long grain rice
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- In a skillet, cook sausage and onion until meat is no longer pink and
- onion is tender; drain. Stir in rice and cabbage; pour into greased
- 3-qt. baking dish. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over sausage
- mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until cabbage is
- tender. Stir before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 242 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 827 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein.