Sausage Cabbage Bake Recipe
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 pound bulk hot Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups cooked long grain rice
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1. In a skillet, cook sausage and onion until meat is no longer pink and onion is tender; drain. Stir in rice and cabbage; pour into greased 3-qt. baking dish. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over sausage mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until cabbage is tender. Stir before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 242 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 827 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.