This recipe is like stuffed cabbage rolls in casserole form. It always goes over well at potlucks. Stirring before serving nicely blends the light, tasty tomato flavor throughout.
Recommended: 65 One-Dish Dinners That Make Cleanup a Breeze
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 pound bulk hot Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups cooked long grain rice
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- In a skillet, cook sausage and onion until meat is no longer pink and onion is tender; drain. Stir in rice and cabbage; pour into greased 3-qt. baking dish. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over sausage mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until cabbage is tender. Stir before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Cabbage Bake in Country Pork 1996, p91
Reviews forSausage Cabbage Bake
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 18, 2011
"This is medicore recipe, and the hot sausage overpowers"