This recipe is like stuffed cabbage rolls in casserole form. It always goes over well at potlucks. Stirring before serving nicely blends the light, tasty tomato flavor throughout.
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 pound bulk hot Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups cooked long grain rice
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- In a skillet, cook sausage and onion until meat is no longer pink and onion is tender; drain. Stir in rice and cabbage; pour into greased 3-qt. baking dish. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over sausage mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until cabbage is tender. Stir before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Cabbage Bake in Country Pork 1996, p91
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Sausage Cabbage Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review