Sausage Cabbage Bake Recipe
This recipe is like stuffed cabbage rolls in casserole form. It always goes over well at potlucks. Stirring before serving nicely blends the light, tasty tomato flavor throughout.
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Hot Italian Sausage Links
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups cooked long grain rice
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- In a skillet, cook sausage and onion until meat is no longer pink and onion is tender; drain. Stir in rice and cabbage; pour into greased 3-qt. baking dish. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over sausage mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until cabbage is tender. Stir before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Cabbage Bake in Country Pork 1996, p91
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Sausage Cabbage Bake(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review