Sausage Brunch Muffins Recipe
From Rockland, Massachusetts, Beverly Borges shares this recipe for zippy muffins chock-full of sausage. "They've become a Sunday-morning standard whenever the family gathers," she informs. "The also make a hearty hurry-up breakfast on the run."
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 4 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chilies, undrained
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown sausage until no longer pink. Drain and set aside. In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, milk, water, chilies and egg. Stir in the corn and sausage.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 425° for 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 138 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 390 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC