Sausage Brunch Muffins
From Rockland, Massachusetts, Beverly Borges shares this recipe for zippy muffins chock-full of sausage. "They've become a Sunday-morning standard whenever the family gathers," she informs. "The also make a hearty hurry-up breakfast on the run."
24 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 4 cups Bisquick® mix
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chilies, undrained
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown sausage until no longer
- pink. Drain and set aside. In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix,
- milk, water, chilies and egg. Stir in the corn and sausage.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at
- 425° for 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes; remove from pan to a
- wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 138 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 390 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.