Sausage Brunch Muffins Recipe
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 4 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chilies, undrained
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown sausage until no longer pink. Drain and set aside. In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, milk, water, chilies and egg. Stir in the corn and sausage.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 425° for 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Sausage Brunch Muffins(3)
Sort By :
These were great. I loved that they weren't fluffy, but felt like you were actually eating something. We used hot sausage, which was wonderfully spicy with the green chilies.
They were too dry so I substituted cream-style corn for the whole kernel, and added an egg. These changes thinned the batter, making them lighter and less dense. I usually double the recipe for a large brunch buffet, and continually get requests each time I serve them. They are so easy to prepare, and the feedback has always been positive. The concept of a breakfast muffin is very appealing in our "grab and run" society.
These muffins were easy to make and the taste was good, but they were too dry.
More Recipe Collections
- Mexican Bread Recipes >
- Mexican Breakfast >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Muffin Recipes >