Sausage Brunch Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 cup pancake mix
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a greased 3-qt. baking dish, layer the sausage, onions, mushrooms, tomatoes and cheese.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk the pancake mix, eggs, milk, oregano, salt and pepper; pour over cheese.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until top is set and lightly browned. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 380 calories, 24 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 360 mg cholesterol, 861 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.