Sausage Brunch Casserole
"I've served this hearty dish to many guests, and they always ask for the recipe," writes Paula Christensen of Soldotna, Alaska. "It can even be assembled the night before and kept in the refrigerator. Just pop it in the oven the morning."
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min. + standing
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup pancake mix
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a greased 3-qt. baking dish, layer the sausage, onions, mushrooms,
- tomatoes and cheese.
- In a large bowl, whisk the pancake mix, eggs, milk, oregano, salt and
- pepper; pour over cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until top is set
- and lightly browned. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield:
- 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 380 calories, 24 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 360 mg cholesterol, 861 mg sodium,