Sausage Brunch Casserole Recipe
"I've served this hearty dish to many guests, and they always ask for the recipe," writes Paula Christensen of Soldotna, Alaska. "It can even be assembled the night before and kept in the refrigerator. Just pop it in the oven the morning."
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup pancake mix
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a greased 3-qt. baking dish, layer the sausage, onions, mushrooms, tomatoes and cheese.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk the pancake mix, eggs, milk, oregano, salt and pepper; pour over cheese.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until top is set and lightly browned. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 380 calories, 24 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 360 mg cholesterol, 861 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Reviews for Sausage Brunch Casserole
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC