- 1 pound bulk Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup pancake mix
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a greased 3-qt. baking dish, layer the sausage, onions, mushrooms, tomatoes and cheese.
- In a large bowl, whisk the pancake mix, eggs, milk, oregano, salt and pepper; pour over cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until top is set and lightly browned. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Sausage Brunch Casserole
Sort By :
"Everyone in my family likes sausage in their meals so I couldn't wait to try this casserole. It was a hit. This was so easy to put together. We had it for dinner but it would be good for any meal."
"Perfect breakfast casserole. Our family loved it this Christmas morning. I didn't have mushrooms so sauteed some diced red & yellow peppers to use instead. I did add extra cheese and made sure to use lots of extra spices like garlic, parsley, basil etc. Very versatile - you could use whatever your family prefers."
"Great have used for Chirstmas Morning"
"Hello! I originally submitted this recipe in 2003 and it remains my most requested recipe! Thanks to those of you who have tried it and submitted reviews. I also use canned tomatoes and many times leave out the mushrooms. Lately I have been trying different types of cheese....it always tastes great!Paula"
"I've made this recipe dozens of times since it was published in 2003. I lost track of it a couple of years ago. I'm excited to try it again now that I have found it here!! To use what is in my pantry I have used canned tomatoes instead of choping fresh ones."