- 3/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook the first five ingredients over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, breaking up sausage into crumbles; drain. Add cream cheese, green onion and parsley; cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted.
- Unroll crescent dough onto a greased baking sheet. Roll into a 12x10-in. rectangle, pressing perforations to seal. Spoon sausage mixture lengthwise down center third of rectangle. On each long side, cut 3/4-in.-wide strips 3 in. into center. Starting at one end, fold alternating strips at an angle across filling; seal ends. Brush with egg.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Sausage Brunch Braid
"Just delicious! I added 4 scrambled eggs and used 1/2 pound of sausage, will be making again and again!"
"Very tasty.. I served it for supper with sauteed cabbage... My only suggestions is to use the solid roll of crescent roll dough. Those slippery little perforations always get away from me!"
"Beautiful presentation. I made exactly as directed, and it was tasty....but as other people mentioned, next time I would tweak a bit more to our family's taste. Overall, easy and impressive recipe!"
"Very good, next time I make this, I'll use less meat and add some precooked scrambled eggs. It was also very easy to prepare and I used sausage I had already cooked and had in the freezer, just got it out the night before to thaw. I cut up the vegetables the night before as well, so a sincth to put together."
"I have made this for years and we continue to love it! Thank you for sharing."
"I've made this braid several times, and everyone really loves it!"
"Loved this recipe! It is truly the best brunch braid I've ever tasted. I modified the recipe to include scrambled eggs. I used only 6 oz. pork sausage and substituted the celery with 1/4 c. chopped mushrooms. After cooking sausage and vegetables, I pushed to one side of pan and added egg mixture (mix 4 eggs, 1/4 c. milk, A dash or aprox. 1/4 tsp. of hot chili sauce, 1 tsp. dried parsley instead of fresh parsley, 2 T. chopped green onion, salt & pepper to taste) I then added-- 2 oz. of cream cheese, cubed to pan. Allow egg mixture to partially set and then stir together with sausage and vegetables. Fantastic flavor and easy to make. My teenage son loved this and even asked for seconds."
"Great! I have made this many times and it's always a hit."