Sausage Brunch Braid Recipe
- 3/4 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook the first five ingredients over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, breaking up sausage into crumbles; drain. Add cream cheese, green onion and parsley; cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted.
- 2. Unroll crescent dough onto a greased baking sheet. Roll into a 12x10-in. rectangle, pressing perforations to seal. Spoon sausage mixture lengthwise down center third of rectangle. On each long side, cut 3/4-in.-wide strips 3 in. into center. Starting at one end, fold alternating strips at an angle across filling; seal ends. Brush with egg.
- 3. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice: 249 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 449mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Sausage Brunch Braid
"Just delicious! I added 4 scrambled eggs and used 1/2 pound of sausage, will be making again and again!"
"Very tasty.. I served it for supper with sauteed cabbage... My only suggestions is to use the solid roll of crescent roll dough. Those slippery little perforations always get away from me!"
"Beautiful presentation. I made exactly as directed, and it was tasty....but as other people mentioned, next time I would tweak a bit more to our family's taste. Overall, easy and impressive recipe!"
"Very good, next time I make this, I'll use less meat and add some precooked scrambled eggs. It was also very easy to prepare and I used sausage I had already cooked and had in the freezer, just got it out the night before to thaw. I cut up the vegetables the night before as well, so a sincth to put together."
"I have made this for years and we continue to love it! Thank you for sharing."
"I've made this braid several times, and everyone really loves it!"
"Loved this recipe! It is truly the best brunch braid I've ever tasted. I modified the recipe to include scrambled eggs. I used only 6 oz. pork sausage and substituted the celery with 1/4 c. chopped mushrooms. After cooking sausage and vegetables, I pushed to one side of pan and added egg mixture (mix 4 eggs, 1/4 c. milk, A dash or aprox. 1/4 tsp. of hot chili sauce, 1 tsp. dried parsley instead of fresh parsley, 2 T. chopped green onion, salt & pepper to taste) I then added-- 2 oz. of cream cheese, cubed to pan. Allow egg mixture to partially set and then stir together with sausage and vegetables. Fantastic flavor and easy to make. My teenage son loved this and even asked for seconds."
"Great! I have made this many times and it's always a hit."
"Always a hit when I make it!"
"Pillsbury carries uncut Crescent dough sheets it's even easier. Made this for a Women's Brunch-rave reviews! I made it for Easter Brunch, but let the sausage mixture cool before putting on dough, then refrigerated prepared braid overnight and baked in morning...the family loved it."
"I have made this recipe often and always pleased. I have added diced red bell pepper to give it the holiday colors."
"Have made this every year for at least 8 years during holidays for friends and family (make them 3 at a time) and every one loves it. It is really quick and easy to make."
"This was great. I chopped the vegetables small enough so the kids didn't notice them and it was quickly eaten up. I made another one the next morning. Will definitely continue to make as a weekend favorite."
"I made this thinking we would have left overs and my husband and I enjoyed it so much we ate the whole thing for dinner. Then my husband requested I make 5 lbs of them next time!! Delicious!! Will be making often! Thank you taste of home!"
"This was great! I left out the celery which we don't like. The only other thing I will do next time is to make 2. I wonder how it would freeze if it lasted long enough to get it in the freezer."
"This is very good and looks really attractive."
"this is so good the first time I made it there just wasn't enough so now I make two we are a family of four and two of theses are great no left overs"
"This is simply delicious, easy and pretty to serve. Using the store-bought rolls makes this a quick dish to prepare and the braid is easy to make. It looks like it was prepared in a bakery when it's done! EXCELLENT!"
"This is an excellent recipe. I make it for my family for breakfast and my husband absolutely loves it! The cream cheese gives it a rich wonderful flavor."