- 3/4 pound bulk Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook the first five ingredients over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, breaking up sausage into crumbles; drain. Add cream cheese, green onion and parsley; cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted.
- Unroll crescent dough onto a greased baking sheet. Roll into a 12x10-in. rectangle, pressing perforations to seal. Spoon sausage mixture lengthwise down center third of rectangle. On each long side, cut 3/4-in.-wide strips 3 in. into center. Starting at one end, fold alternating strips at an angle across filling; seal ends. Brush with egg.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Sausage Brunch Braid
Sort By :
"I started making this for Christmas morning years ago! My family loved it so now it's a weekend staple but we still have it every Christmas morning as well!!"
"I have made this for years and we continue to love it! Thank you for sharing."
"This recipe is so awesome and customizable. I added habaneros and jalepenos for my husband who loves spice. Omitted the celery because I don't like it. The bottom of the crust was a tad soggy so I will bake the next loaf 5 minutes longer or try baking on parchment paper."
"I've made this braid several times, and everyone really loves it!"
"Loved this recipe! It is truly the best brunch braid I've ever tasted. I modified the recipe to include scrambled eggs. I used only 6 oz. pork sausage and substituted the celery with 1/4 c. chopped mushrooms. After cooking sausage and vegetables, I pushed to one side of pan and added egg mixture (mix 4 eggs, 1/4 c. milk, A dash or aprox. 1/4 tsp. of hot chili sauce, 1 tsp. dried parsley instead of fresh parsley, 2 T. chopped green onion, salt & pepper to taste) I then added-- 2 oz. of cream cheese, cubed to pan. Allow egg mixture to partially set and then stir together with sausage and vegetables. Fantastic flavor and easy to make. My teenage son loved this and even asked for seconds."