- 3/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook the first five ingredients over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, breaking up sausage into crumbles; drain. Add cream cheese, green onion and parsley; cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted.
- Unroll crescent dough onto a greased baking sheet. Roll into a 12x10-in. rectangle, pressing perforations to seal. Spoon sausage mixture lengthwise down center third of rectangle. On each long side, cut 3/4-in.-wide strips 3 in. into center. Starting at one end, fold alternating strips at an angle across filling; seal ends. Brush with egg.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Sausage Brunch Braid
"Just delicious! I added 4 scrambled eggs and used 1/2 pound of sausage, will be making again and again!"
"Very tasty.. I served it for supper with sauteed cabbage... My only suggestions is to use the solid roll of crescent roll dough. Those slippery little perforations always get away from me!"
"Beautiful presentation. I made exactly as directed, and it was tasty....but as other people mentioned, next time I would tweak a bit more to our family's taste. Overall, easy and impressive recipe!"
"Very good, next time I make this, I'll use less meat and add some precooked scrambled eggs. It was also very easy to prepare and I used sausage I had already cooked and had in the freezer, just got it out the night before to thaw. I cut up the vegetables the night before as well, so a sincth to put together."
"I started making this for Christmas morning years ago! My family loved it so now it's a weekend staple but we still have it every Christmas morning as well!!"