Sausage Broccoli Simmer
A dinner that all comes together in one skillet is always a winner. This one also happens to be ready in 30 minutes.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound Italian turkey sausage links, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 cups cooked spiral pasta
- In a large skillet, saute the sausage, broccoli and onion for 5-6
- minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender. Add the tomatoes, basil,
- parsley and sugar. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add pasta and
- heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 384 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 760 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 medium-fat meat, 2 starch, 2 vegetable.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.