- 1 pound Italian turkey sausage links, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 cups cooked spiral pasta
- In a large skillet, saute the sausage, broccoli and onion for 5-6 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender. Add the tomatoes, basil, parsley and sugar. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add pasta and heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli Sausage Simmer in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2010, p42
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Sausage Broccoli Simmer(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 21, 2013
Fantastic, quick & easy - but for us I reduced the pasta to 2 cups. Served w/the ever present salad.