Sausage-Broccoli Puff Pancake Recipe
This pretty pancake looks so fancy but is actually quite easy to prepare. It's packed with lots of flavors and is especially fun to serve to overnight guests.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, sliced into rings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 1/3 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Place butter in a glass 9-in. pie plate; place in a 400° oven for 2-3 minutes or until butter is melted. Remove from the oven. In a bowl, whisk milk, flour, eggs and salt until smooth; pour into hot pie plate. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes or until puffed and golden. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender; remove and set aside. In the same skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in broccoli and rice are tender. Stir in mushroom mixture and cheese. Cover and keep warm When pancake is removed from oven, immediately spoon filling into center and serve. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 456 calories, 34 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 153 mg cholesterol, 785 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC