- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, sliced into rings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 1/3 cup uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Place butter in a glass 9-in. pie plate; place in a 400° oven for 2-3 minutes or until butter is melted. Remove from the oven. In a bowl, whisk milk, flour, eggs and salt until smooth; pour into hot pie plate. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes or until puffed and golden. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender; remove and set aside. In the same skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in broccoli and rice are tender. Stir in mushroom mixture and cheese. Cover and keep warm When pancake is removed from oven, immediately spoon filling into center and serve. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Sausage-Broccoli Puff Pancake
Sort By :
"We absolutely love, love, LOVE this recipe! I have made it several times for special occasion brunches and usually make it a couple of times a month for dinner. My husband, who generally gripes about eating leftovers, will happily eat any leftovers that we may have the next day. Only change is that when making the pancake, I only use about 2 tablespoons of butter."